Chesterton 1400R Carbon-Reinforced Graphite Packing
Chesterton 1400R Carbon-Reinforced Graphite Packing:Reinforced, braided, graphite packing with a corrosion inhibitor. The carbon yarn reinforcement is provided within the graphite tape yarn as well as the braided construction.
- 1400R forms a homogeneous mass under gland pressure, so that leakage cannot penetrate the packing set.
- The all-carbon/graphite set withstands higher shaft speeds while limiting shaft friction.
- The structural carbon fiber reinforcement prevents extrusion when 1400R sets are installed in valves at higher pressures.
In addition to its excellent sealing capabilities in rotating equipment, 1400R is a superior valve sealing material. This dual purpose design makes it a truly universal mechanical packing.
Features & Benefits
- Passive molybdate-corrosion inhibitor
- Forms a homogeneous mass under gland pressure
- For use in valves and pumps
- Additional information
- Request a Quote